This article goes over suggested questions to ask your employees in a review.
Strengths and areas for improvement/growth
- Please provide feedback on this individual’s biggest strengths.
- What are some accomplishments that this person achieved this quarter?
- Please provide feedback on this individual’s areas of improvement for future growth.
- What are two growth areas that this person should focus on to be more effective in their role?
- What skills and areas of professional development do you think your peer should focus on?
- How would you like to see this person grow?
Success and challenges
- Please describe one success that you observed this person achieved.
- Please describe one challenge that this person encountered.
Start, Stop, Continue
- What’s one thing this person should start doing?
- What’s one thing this person should stop doing?
- What’s one thing this person should continue doing?
- [Private Question] Is there anything you would like to share privately with this individual’s manager?
- In what areas do you see the most potential for this person?
- How well did this person perform against their goals this quarter?
- What’s an example of something impactful that this person worked on?
- How can this employee have more impact in their current role?
- What are the most valuable contributions your peers make to their teams?
- In what areas has this individual had the greatest impact on you, your team, or at the company?
- Please provide feedback on which company values this person embodies. Please provide a specific example for each company value.
- Please provide one example of a company value that this person has brought to life.
- How has this employee performed against our company values?
- [List values in description]
- [List competency] How has this person performed in this area?
- [List competency] Please provide 3 strengths and 3 development areas observed in this area.