Once you have navigated to the Notification Center, there are two options for how notifications can be sent when it comes to our 1:1s tool— through Slack and/or through Email.
1:1s notifications are sent as follows:
- When you initiate a new 1:1 relationship
- When there is a new comment on your 1:1 talking points
- A few hours before a 1:1 meeting
- A few hours after a 1:1 meeting
To send these through Slack or email, you can check on the boxes to the right of "1:1s", as shown below. Make sure to press the blue "Save" button when you're finished.
Note: Slack notifications are sent via the Lattice App, and appear as shown below.
Initiating a new relationship
When someone has set up a 1:1 in Lattice the other participant will receive a message making them aware of the meeting and encouraging them to set talking points. This same message will be sent to managers if one of their direct reports requests a 1:1 meeting with them.
Pre and Post Meeting Notifications
You will get a notification before and after your 1:1:
- 2 Hours before your 1:1 you will get a reminder to update the meeting agenda
- After the 1:1 you will get a reminder to cross off completed agenda items
You will not receive a post 1:1 message if...
- There were no agenda items/talking points added to the 1:1 meeting
- You open up the 1:1 modal and review the recently completed meeting within 2 hours of the meeting beginning
The point of the post 1:1 notification is to encourage the manager and direct report to review the meeting - look at agenda items and mark off what was talked about, or maybe add follow up notes. If you go into the 1:1 right after the 1:1 happened, it would be redundant to notify the participants to do so again.
Questions? Feel free to reach out to our support team at [email protected] or by clicking on the chat icon located on the bottom right of your screen.