Deactivating a user allows you to store their data but ensure that they no longer have access to Lattice.
To deactivate a user within Lattice, an Admin can follow these steps:
Step 1: Under the "Admin" Panel, navigate to the "People" section
Step 2: Search for the user you would like to deactivate by searching their name or scrolling down to find them
Step 3: Click on the ellipses to the right of the user's name
Step 4: From the drop-down menu, click "Deactivate user"
After deactivating the user, you'll find them in the "Deactivated" section under "People."
When deactivating a user, the following happens:
- The user will be removed as a department head (if applicable)
- The user will be removed as a direct report of their manager (if applicable)
- The user will be removed as a manager of their direct reports (if applicable)
- The user will be removed from all teams
- 1:1 relationship will be marked as inactive
- If the user is the sole owner of a goal, the goal will automatically end and will be given the status of incomplete. If you would like to learn more about goal statuses check out this help center article.